Thursday, September 22, 2011

Over the past 2 and a half weeks...

...we've taken time just to get to know our gorgeous little man Ezekiel!
We've all had STACKLOADS of cuddles :)
He gave Brett and me two big smiles yesterday which we caught on video - so cute!


We both had platelet counts...his before his 8th day circumcison (which is a physical sign of our covenant with Yah) and mine to check how my platelets were post-birth. Both of ours were fine...in fact mine had actually GONE UP! Praise Yah! It was the best count I'd had in about 5 years!!!

We had a cake to celebrate Zeeki's birth...



HAZEL {OUR FAB MIDWIFE AND FRIEND} came lots to support us and check out how we were going during these early weeks.
Having her as my midwife and friend has been such a HUGE blessing which I can't properly put into words. We love you Hazel!
Hazel didn't force me to feed Zeeki straight away. She encouraged me to go with how he was and he was sleepy! So we let him sleep in that first 24 hours, offering loads of skin to skin contact and offering the breast lots of course...but he just wasn't interested. At first I was really worried that he wasn't feeding 'properly' but Hazel assured me that this was proper newborn behaviour for some babies and that the best thing I could do was go with it! So we did and what do you know...by the next day he let me know that he was ready to feed and breastfeeding was established so much more naturally and calmly than with any of my other babies!
I've not had any damage to my nipples this time and even when the vasospasms have hit (always when I'm cold) I've used the woollen breast pads and the pain has been NOTHING AT ALL like i've suffered in the past! Praise Yah! I've not cried for one breastfeed this time round which, if you know me well and know the struggles I've had in the past, you will know that that is MIRACULOUS!
I can't get over the joy I've experienced with feeding our little boy this time round. It truly is wonderful and I really FINALLY understand what people talk about now when they talk about how great breastfeeding is! I have experienced it now for myself without all the pain. Please pray it continues this way!


Mum and I cooked up this hearty brekky one morning...
chole chaat (a punjabi dish of chick peas and lots of yummy herbs and spices), fresh greens, eggs from our chooks on a muffin and some left over fried potatoes...


Zeeki really enjoyed his first shower with daddy...


I was sent these gorgeous natives from my parents (a tradition after each of our children are born!)


These ones were given to me by my lovely Brett and the our kiddos the morning after Ezekiel was born {thank you darling. You know how much I love flowers and I know how much you are not a fan of buying them (lol!!) so it meant alot to me!}...


...and Brett's mum and dad and sweet sis bought me these ones over...


Pam and the girls had these ones beautiful flowers delivered...


...and my neighbour brought these over....(thanks Hayley!)


I'll do another post on it I think but on the day of Zeeki's circumcision we had a special feast, read Genesis 17 aloud and planted the placenta under a special orange tree we bought... 



Me and my best friend Brett just being us...


Man have I enjoyed wearing Zeeki in our CABOO CARRIER which I purchased from the beautiful MEREDITH AT FRANGIPANI BABY. I highly recommend this carrier!!!I've also used our Ergo and newborn insert when I went out in the first week with the girls and Zeeki for icecreams. He however much prefers the Caboo and I like it more now too!



{Not a day has gone by so far I think that I haven't used this carrier!!!}

We've also gone for some walks with the little ones in the pram...


...and the big ones enjoyed fanging it around on their scooters before we headed back (with my parents) for some hot chip sandwhiches! The fresh air did us all good!


We have been sent some lovely gifts (thank you for them all!)...


I love this photo of Stass and Zeeki...


And of course it was Liji's 8th birthday this week (along with my sister in laws and father in law's 60th!) so it was a HUGE week!

We went out to celebrate Pop's birthday and then had a family dinner at our place for Liji's birthday and then again the next night for Sulley's birthday :)


Here is the cake I made Liji for his 8th birthday...


I've been working on this post for the last 2 days and today my fam is pretty sick.
Little Zeeki is all blocked up and is having a tough time breathing and drinking.
Zippi and the boys are all clogged up too.
Would love you to pray for my fam to get better very soon please and of course especially for little Zeeki to be back to his happy feeding self very soon. No one wants to see their little ones (or their big ones!) ill.

Sending love to my friends in blogland,

13 comments:

Diana said...

Congratulations Lusi and your beautiful family on the birth of Ezekiel. I also hope all your family are feeling better very soon.

Diana

Enid said...

oh Lusy how gorgeous is the little man... Happy birthday to everyone in your house lol..I love it..more cake!!

Julie said...

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you both were doing :) I believe mine is coming in the next day or two. We'll see!

Shalom,
Julie

lusi said...

Thankyou Diana!

Shalom Enid!! How are you my friend? Hope you and your family are going well :-)

Hi Julie! Wow! So close now! Have been thinking of you :-) praying all goes very well and is a wonderful worshipful and joyful time!

Much love,
Lusi x

Leah-in-the-Kia said...

LOVE the photos, Zeeki is so cute! How is the strider pram? I secretly look at strider prams where ever i go becuase i would love to have one..............even though there is no more babies for me! Even in the USA I was looking at them! sad I know
Can't wait to read about his birth story
Take care Love from Leah

Mommy Set Free said...

I am SO thankful, that you nursing experiance has become a delightful one with little EZ!!!! Praise Yah!!

Phyllis said...

Hey Lusi! Popping by to say Hi and I see you've had had your baby! Really happy for you; LOVED the pictures! Oh I think I stayed teary eyed and emotional. :). - Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Your doing so well keeping your blog updated when you must be keeping very busy at home with everything. I always love to see your photos and read your news, thanks for your updates.

Like your midwife said not all babies feed as soon as they are born. My daughter slept for 10 hours straight after being born as she was so tired and stressed (with the long labour I had). I was confused too as to why she wouldn't want to feed as I thought that was what should happen but as I was very tired too I was happy to have a much needed rest.

I am so pleased that breast feeding has been a more enjoyable experience for you this time round (with little pain). That's wonderful :)

Great looking birthday cake you made here, it looks yummy and such pretty flowers you have been given too.

Sending lots of positive vibes to everyone there who isn't feeling well. I hope those nasty germs leave ASAP and you can all feel happy and healthy once again.

Take care and have a great week. Lots of love and prayers from Susan McGuire (smiles1965) xxoo

Lilacstitcher said...

He's such an alert little boy, Lusi. Great news that the BF'ing is going so brilliantly. Yah is Good!
Praying for your kiddos to recover and that you and Brett keep well.
That brekky looks delicious too! Just what a Mama needs.
Love and Shalom,
Elisa xx

Traci said...

Lusi, how great to pop in here today and see this wonderful bunch of pics, congratulations! What a lovely blessing to see this little bundle of joy! How sweet:) I am blessed to hear you and babe are doing so well.

Take care friend!

singing mama said...

Such a nice peek into your first few weeks Lusi! Praying for health for you all, Zeph had his first cold at two weeks old it's so hard wheb the poor little bubbas are sick. Hope you all feel better soon!! Missed you yesterday and so hope we can see you at Yom Teruah this week!
Luv Donna

caz1975 said...

So lovely to hear that you are able to breastfeed without the pain, your little man is gorgeous!!

Nat said...

Oh Lus, that photo of Zeeki and Stass is precious!
Praise Yah that breastfeeding is establishing well, I know how much of a blessing that is to you.
Love to you all xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin