Saturday, May 28, 2011

What's Cooking, Menu Planning + A Free Menu Planning Record


I haven't been posting our menus lately but thought I'd get back into the swing of it. I'd love to hear what's on the menu this week at your place!

I'm still practicing out lots of slow cooker recipes in preparation for the time after bubby's arrival when we will eat alot of these kinds of easy meals!

Here's this weeks menu beginning with yesterday (our shopping day and  menu planning day). When I menu plan, I keep a record of what we eat from week to week on a Weekly Menu Record sheet. I do this so that I don't forget what we tried out (and worked!) and which combo's worked on which days. Otherwise what used to happen was I'd try a new recipe out, it would work BUT because it was just written down in a recipe book or a magazine, I'd forget that we'd tried it out and that it was good! So when I menu plan now, I write it out on this THIS SHEET HERE and then write down next to the meal, where I can locate the recipe for future reference. For example I'd write down...Pumpkin + Lentil Curry page 113 of my slow cooker book.

Once I've  written down the menu on the WEEKLY MENU RECORD SHEET I then write up the weekly menu on our white board. This is so that Brett or I can see the menu easily without having to go through the folder and find a sheet of paper! Nothing like that during rush hour!!! lol

The Weekly Menu Record Sheet then gets filed away into the Recipe Planner Folder for future reference.

I then write out our shopping list straight after I've menu planned so I can go through each recipe and write down what we need for each meal.

All that shared, here's our menu for this week!

Friday:
Cauliflower herbed cous cous and garlic chicken (not actually using cous cous but uses cauliflower instead. So yummy!)

Shabbat (Saturday) lunch:
Spanish steak with bread rolls

Shabbat (Saturday) dinner:
Pumpkin, Spinach + lentil curry with Risoni and roasted cashews (slow cooker)

Sunday:
Baked penne + kumara spinach lasagne

Monday:
Ginger Beef Stew (slow cooker)

Tuesday:
Herbed Barley Risotto (slow cooker)

Wednesday:
Vegie Soup with dumplings on top (maybe I'll do this in the slow cooker or maybe in the big pot will just see on the day!)

Thursday:
Red beans + rice


So what's cooking at your place this week?

More to come another time,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your blog with us all. Yesterday I purchased my first ever slow cooker and cooked my first meal tonight. It was scrumptious!!! Can you please tell me which slow cooker recipe book you have? Thanks lusi & god bless you all.

lusi said...

Hi Anonymous :)
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I'm so glad that you bought a slow cooker and are enjoying using that - that's great! I get some of my slow cooker recipes just online by using google. I also use a book called 'Slow Cooker Dinners' by Comany's Coming Kitchen Workbooks. You can check it out here:
http://www.qbd.com.au/product/9781741830675-Companys_Coming_Kitchen_Workbooks_Slow_Cooker_Dinners_by_Various.htm

Last night we tried Ginger Beef in the slow cooker from this recipe book and my hubby loved it!
Hope that helps you!
Love Lusi x

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lusi, I'll check that book out. Ginger Beef sounds delish. When I purchased my slow cooker I was a little unsure, but after everyone went back for seconds I knew I had made the right decision. I love it!!! Thanks again Lusi. Take care xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin