Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Last week...



A catch up post from last week...

We got to catch up with the Fosters when they visited from America. It was so great to see you guys! Sar and Mar were in my class at college and they ended up getting married and moving to the states (where mar is from) and having a beautiful family over there. Our girls loved catching up and they had a fun picnic for dinner in the backyard. Thanks so much for coming guys! Love to you all x


On Friday night, I was feeling really tired and overwhelmed (let's just call it hormonal). We've been going through some fairly emotional times lately for reasons I won't go into here but let's just say, we are all getting there with Yah's (God's) help! ;)

So, needless to say, I didn't get much baking done. I did do the menu plan and a small shop in prep for Shabbat (sabbath).
I slept away so much of the morning while Brett looked after the kiddos. He's so fantastic.
For lunch we I'd gotten some pastrami (beef) and turkey and we made some quick pizzas on flat bread wraps I'd bought the day before. These were easy; just decorate and chuck in the oven for a couple of minutes...


So after our lunch...


we went down into the valley...


can't get over how quickly this baby...ahem...big girl is getting!


Kiddos took their fishing nets...


Brett chucked his line in and got it snagged...lol...


and the kiddos caught tadpoles and frogs!


I did some reading of the Word and rested my back (slightly pinched sciatic nerve - no where near as bad as it normally is this far into the pregnancy which I am so thankful to Yah for)...


kids wandered through the bush looking for water skinks...


And Brett was teaching them how to skim rocks again...


I was SO thankful for Sabbath this week.
I needed it so much.
My body needed it, my mind needed it, my spirit needed it, our family needed it.
Was just so precious.

"There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his".
- Hebrews 4:9-10

Thoughts and prayers with those in Nothern QLD who are trying to brace for Cyclone Yasi today.
More another time :)
Love Lus x

3 comments:

Enid said...

Hi Lousi....

Blessed you heart...What a great day...!!
Enid

lusi said...

Hi Enid!
Hope you are well :)
Shalom!
Love Lusi x

Sumara said...

Oh, hello Fosters! I'm sad that we missed them this time round. Nice to see photos of your two big families. :)

You'll have to take us to that spot for a picnic one day. Ah, I miss you guys.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin