Friday, December 24, 2010

Homeschooling Trip to Sydney Wildlife World


We went with my folks a week or so ago and had a lovely time together.

from top to bottom, left to right:

1. tortises
2. Zipporah sitting on a womabt statue
3.the venom zone sign...so many snakes in there....yuck!
4. cassowary bird...scary looking thing but beautifully coloured at the same time!
5. Zip getting a 'free ride' as the kids sometimes call it in the Ergo. Man I love my Ergo (still!)
6. Little Bilby
7. Liji checking out a blue tongue lizard -his fave part of the day!
8. Brett with a butterfly on his backpack as we walked through the butterfly exhibit
9. Relaxing afterwards at a cafe, Zippi loves playing this little game with Brett where he (softly) squishes her hand between his chin and shoulder and she giggles with delight! Love watching them play this game!
10. Zip looking in at the field mice and bilby exhibit
11. Brett showing one of the boys the crocodile sunbaking
12. The butterfly display
12. Looking at something green with daddy :)
13. Koala
14. Stass listening to the kangaroo keeper. Lots of people were there for the talk and Stass piped up and asked a question! The first time in a big crowd like that!
15. Croc faking being asleep ;)

More another time :)
Lus x
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

YahKheena said...

Lus~ oh I would have loved being there, I'm a critter lover :-D

how do you put all your pics together into one pic? is there a place to do this on the web? please share I've been wanting to do the same with my pics.

Thanks... your children are so bless to have such great parents!

Shabbat Shaloom!

lusi said...

Shalom YahKheena!
Thanks for your kind words :)
I downloaded a free program put out by Google which is called Picasa. I've been using this program for about the last 4 years and have always found it reliable.
The only thing I would say is back up your photos on your computer before you install it just as a precautionary measure. It will import all your photos into Picasa that are already on your computer. Then you can crop, collage and edit to your heart's content! lol :)
Once your photos come up, you double click on the photo you like and 'hold' it by clicking on a small green button down the bottom of your screen. Once you've selected all the photos you want to be in your collage, you hit 'collage'. It gives you a couple of different options then. My fave is the one that says 'mosaic' and it arranges them to fit in like a jigsaw puzzle.
I hope that helps in some way!
Please let me know if you need more help and I'll try as much as I can to do just that :)
With much love,
Lus x

lusi said...

YahKheena,
Here is the link to download Picasa:
http://picasa.google.com/
Hope that is helpful :)
Love Lusi x

YahKheena said...

thanks I downloaded it... gonna go play now... thanks!

Peterson Party said...

What a fun field trip! Arin keeps asking us to take her to a zoo.

lusi said...

Oh I'm glad Yahkheena! Let me know how you go with it!

And Cara, zoos are great fun aren't they?! Do you have one nearby? Hope you are well!
Love Lusi x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin