Monday, July 12, 2010

From the Simple Woman's Daybook...

FOR Yesterday (by the time I actually got around to posting this!)

Outside my window...
Kids playing while we got our picnic lunch ready...














I am thinking...
about the remarkable miraculous journey we have gone through since Elijah's Autism diagnosis + how our family has changed in such a short period of time

I am thankful for...
Brett being home here co-parenting with me while we travelled the worst onslaught of continued sickness our family has gone through in quite a few years

From the learning rooms...
getting ready to do some folder sorting tonight :) finishing off some work on the Little House on the Prairie Lapbooks which we started ages ago and are yet to finish...

From the kitchen...
massive pot of chicken + vegie soup that Brett cooked + some freshly baked home-milled bread

I am wearing...
jeans, a 2 long black shirts, my thin elastic headband, my comfy + warm + flat knee high boots under my jeans

I am creating...
two wall hangings for the boys bedroom walls based on the passage in Isaiah 30:19-21, a scarf with size 20 needles + super chunky + super soft pink yarn and fresh ginger tea from scratch

I am going...
to reheat my cup of tea with lemon + manuka honey for the third time + then actually remember to drink it

I am reading...
'Future Hope' by David Brickner

I am hoping...
that Zip's fever + vomitting are no more + that she sleeps through the night. Same hope for Ethan's croup-like cough (eta a day later that all slept through the night peacefully! Thank you God! She has had fevers today though so hoping this sickness is being fought away!)

I am hearing...
Brett talking on the phone to his sis

Around the house...
I typed out a simple bread recipe to follow + stuck it up on the inside of one of the pantry doors

One of my favorite things...
talking to my grandmother in Fiji over skype today for the.first.time.ever...it was awesome to see her so healthy and to hear her sweet voice. it's been 8 years since i saw her in the flesh + miss her so much

A few plans for the rest of the week:
update homeschool folders
help Brett give the vegie gardens some TLC :)
keep a low profile until our family is completely well again!
get some photos burnt onto cd's, out of Picasa + saved onto the external hard drive

Sharing these picis...
There was 'hot chips on the beach' on our Winter Wonderful List...well since we've all be sick this is the next best thing - 'hot chips on the bench'...lol...

Milling our own flour...

to make our own bread to go with the chicken soup...
tag teaming nursing the sick as bubba...


Prompts are FROM THE SIMPLE WOMAN'S DAYBOOK BLOG
Over + out,
Lus x

4 comments:

rvavic said...

I love this share Lusi.
Love you too.
Hugs
Bxo

rvavic said...

I love these prompts... I always forget to put the link where they orignated from... I always just put Ali, cause that's usually were I get lots of inspiration.

BUT NOW I can correctly link back to Simple Woman's Daybook... thanks babes.

I hope today is a really great day for you and yours... give them all hugs from us.
Bxo

LOUD? said...

Hey Lusi
I was just thinking of you guys and wondering how you were going. Hope you guys are doing well. R U still on fb? I just got back from Africa, had a blast! we should catch up some time. Say Hi to brett for me.
Pete

lusi said...

Hey Pete!
How funny - I was thinking of Nomes heaps this morning! Freaked me out (in a good way!) when I saw your message :) lol!
How was Africa? I really enjoyed seeing your photos + reading about your trip while I was on fb. Am off fb now...just took up the very little spare time i had + i found it too tempting.
anyway, thanks for thinking of us mate + we send our love to you guys! Brett says hi to you too.
Would love to see you all again some day.
Love + blessings,
Lus x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin