Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Great Homeschooling Websites...

Here are some of the websites we've been using lately and finding really helpful...

STARFALL:
(thanks to the beautiful Sarah for this link! Since you mentioned it my kids have been loving it up!)

NOTEBOOKING PAGES:
they have a great selection of freebies. I LOVE the variety of FREE LINED PAGES FOR BOTH YOUNGER AND OLDER PRIMARY. I have printed off a heap of these and left them in the storage filing box. Love me some Crystal Files!

MATH DRILLS :
This site has a truckload of really great math drill sheets. Love being able to print them off and the kids love doing them. I know alot of people don't like maths drills but its working for us and my kids enjoy them so we'll be keeping them in while that lasts! lol :)

SO MANY THINGS HERE ON DONNA YOUNG'S WEBSITE:
Love so many things here...so helpful :)

ZEPHYRUS:
Has some really good science info. I've used this site to teach the kids about magnets.

CHRISTIAN ANSWERS:
great info about dinosaurs from a young earth perspective. I found this one helpful too :)

TRIPLE ZERO KIDS CHALLENGE:
I reckon our kids spent an entire arvo doing the activities together online and then chatting about them, pretending after that there was a fire and wanting to know how to use our fire plan! They even asked to print out some graph paper so they could draw up a plan of the house and wanted to put it up in the house somewhere so everyone knew how to escape! It certainly got their little minds thinking (without much input from me either which is great!)

CHILD AVENUE'S PRINTABLE COUPONS:
We have been using these for most of the year and they have been VERY successful! I made up my own little chart for each child which targets specific things for each child that we are trying to see them overcome or be more diligent in. If they get 10 stamps, then they can choose one of these coupons to redeem. We've had some great dates using these :)


LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE LAPBOOK:
A great little lapbook which the kids have been slowly working on. They colour a bit usually while I read aloud from Little House. We haven't quite finished this lapbook but we need to because we are almost half way through the next book in the series called Farmer Boy. I like them having something to do sometimes when we read because they are such kinesthetic kids!

AND SINCE I'VE MENTIONED LAPBOOKS, THERE ARE SOME GORGEOUS LOOKING ONES HERE THAT I'VE BEEN WANTING US TO DO FOR A WHILE ON IMPRESSIONIST ARTISTS:
just haven't quite got around to it.


ENCHANTED LEARNING HAS SO BEEN WORTH THE $20-SOMETHING-I-THINK-IT-WAS-REGO :
so so so worth it for us!

OLD SCHOOLHOUSE'S DOWNUNDER UNIT:
We've been using this unit on and off since we bought it earlier this year ($7.95). Great resource which Christine reviewed earlier on her blog and I was very thankful to see that. It's been a good thing to have some ready to go kind of materials to use when I've had a slower kind of day/week/month (lol!)

Well that'll do...just thought it would be good to share what has been working round here. What about you? Any helpful (homeschooling and non homeschooling peeps welcome to comment on this!) websites for educational purposes?

I wrote a song to these verses this week and have been teaching it to the kiddos...
"Stand at the crossroads and look
Ask for the ancient paths
Ask where the good way is
And walk in it
And you will find rest for your soul"...
More chat another time,
Lus x

6 comments:

Peta said...

so HAPPY to see you bloggin again - love the way you inspire me - from the deep inside - {{{hugs}}}

lusi said...

Glad to be sharing and blogging again. Am glad that you visit here. I love you Peta!
Praying God continues to touch and teach and bless you richly mate.
Love Lus x

Sarah Slaven said...

So nice to have you back and already inspiring and helpful

Jodi said...

Yay, you're back! I've missed you blogging. Looking forward to reading all about your journey again :) Much love xx

Tara said...

Thanks so much for all those links.. .can't wait to take a look through them!

kathy said...

Thanks for posting these links. I need all the help I can get! I look forward to reading your blog.
Kathy :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin