Friday, November 27, 2009

From around our house at the mo...

In my (and Brett's!) bedroom...
New removable wall art (costing all of $2.99...i know!!!) I think its gorgeous :)


In Zippi's new room...

ome new removable wall art for her room too just above her cot is this delightful little owl and his tree. So sweet! It only cost $4.95 - what a bargain hey!!!

These 2 cute flocked cushion covers were less than $3 each from GoLo and match nicely with...


...the storage cubes which you may remember seeing before. They also were purchased a while back from GoLo...

On the wall in her room is a new photoboard (may paint the edge of this black at some stage but for now she just enjoys looking up at the pics - me and brett, the kids, flowers, the ocean...)


In the 'Learning Room'...

wall art by the kids...

Our planets model + space book on the nature stand (3 level shelf with lots to touch and look at under the magnifying glass)...


A cheap fabric pouchy thing that I got from a discount shop in Kiama last year - each child has their own pouch for LEM phonics books and their Reading Readiness books...


In the loungeroom...

More removable wall art - this time birds on branches. Love love love these. They've added a new life to our loungeroom and all for $10! The frames are mostly from Ikea although the big empty white one is still needing something spesh. I've been thinking about altering some of my Buzz and Bloom chipboard babushka dolls....?



At my sewing desk....
a new chair picked up from the side of the road where there was a big 'FREE' sign! Yay for the cute shabby chair :)
And just above the sewing table...
this little button frame I made. Inspired by a post i saw yonks ago on Mel Goodsell's blog of some buttons in frames in her laundry i think it was. The black frame used to hold candles and cost about 20cents from the op shop + buttons were from my stash...

In our family room...
Finally got around to adhering the words 'joy' + 'eternity' and the letter 'A' on our back wall amongst the frames. All frames and words stuck down with the cool 3m removable tabs that you can't see at all. Love 'em!

I also got this cutie when I was away for a little over $10 and it now sits in the centre of our table...
Until half way through this week this was also sitting on our table (but then someone ripped a corner piece, did something else to it and Brett thought it was time to pack it away. 1000 pieces - i don't have the patience for it but he does...did)...And this little birdy (very heavy birdy!) was given to me by my lovely friend Mon who I had the pleasure of catching up with this week! Before painting...

After painting and now she sits under the candelabra on the table in the centrepiece...

Speaking of centre pieces, we made a gorgeous one as we celebrated a beautiful Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday with Brett's fam (brett's dad is originally from the USA) but will leave that for another post.

Donna and I were chatting today when she visited and i was saying that I read once that a man's home is his wife's castle. Maybe its because I spend so much time here, maybe because creativity is in my blood or maybe because I am a visual person, but I really love decorating our home (in nice but inexpensive ways!)

5 things I am thankful for today:
1. Being able to catch up with Donna and her beautiful girls and meet Auri for the first time. Was so lovely.
2. Seeing Brett step out in faith in massive ways today. What an honour to stand along side him as he ministered the Lord's grace, life and truth lovingly with a hurting family in our community.
3. Left over pumpkin pie
4. Seeds sown
5. My comfy old pj's
More another time.
Love Lus x

14 comments:

singing mama said...

Thankyou for such lovely day Lusi!!! And I too am thankful for your pumpkin pie yummo!!!
Luv Donna

lusi said...

Thank YOU my friend! It was a pleasure to hAve you here and eat pumpkin pie together! Love lus x

Anonymous said...

Hi Lusi,

Can you please tell me where you purchased your removable wall art. I love them. They would be perfect in our bedroom.

Thanks,

Nadia :-)

Sumara said...

Oh my goodness, I have pumpkin pie in my fridge too! That's so random.

I made it to celebrate thanksgiving as a way of saying thank you for all the new American friends I've made this year.

Said American friends were very impressed and also so curious about using real pumpkin instead of canned!

Your house is always so lovely Lus.

Where do you get that removable wall art? I think we need something like that here.

Nicolee said...

hey there, me again!!!! ;)
Just want to know where you got those wall art thingos from? I absolutely looooove them. Is there a website I can go to? Up here in Darwin, we don't have a lot of fab shops like south!
ta x

Cass said...

Love that wall art! Where did you pick it up so cheap?

lusi said...

Hi everyone :)
The removeable stickers were from a shop called 'Hot Dollar' which was in the Erina Fair complex on the coast. I haven't seen any other ones like these in these kind of shops before (believe me when I say I ALWAYS look!!!). Actually I'd told my friends that if they saw any on our shopping trip to sing out. I was getting foils put in when both Tiff and Christie came back and said, 'you're going to love what we just found!!!' and so i grabbed them! lol :) I bought some cartoon like ones for Stass and the boys' rooms from Go Lo once before and I also picked up the single birdcage with birds (the one pictured here above the white bookcase next to the colourful birds in the loungeroom) from the Warehouse but have since been back and haven't seen any others. I got that one about 18 months ago. Ikea also has some wall art though haven't checked to see if it is removeable - about $20 per design I think but they are cute too.
Hope that helps!

Sumi....hmmm pumpkin pie :)

Thanks for dropping by guys!
Love Lus x

Julie-Anne said...

So beautiful. Having glimpses of beauty in your home must brighten the ordinary days quite a bit! Zippy is just such a doll and all the children are beautiful! I'd fly you over to Canada here to help me beautify my home but you might not enjoy the cold weather... brrr! :) Love your blog. Thanks for posting :)

bethroid said...

Hey Lus, loving what you are doing to your house. Looks fab. x

Karen L said...

Hey Lusi,
Loved the little tour through your home seeing all the little bits and pieces that are part of your lives. Love the inspiration and encouragement from visiting your blog. God Bless you guys, Big Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lusi, I live on the Coast and will have a look tomorrow.

Nadia :-)

I am... said...

you found them at hot dollar!!! i am jealous!
i always check it out in newcastle but never seen em, damn i need to find the birdcage!! lol
xx

lusi said...

Hi Jodie! I'll be on the lookout for one for u too mate! Lx

Jo said...

Those stickers for the walls are just brilliant - we have a Hot Dollar shop in our shopping centre - will be checking them out this weekend. I just loved that bird cage. I love Hot Dollar - they have a great array of things that are nice a cheap:) (I love bargains)

Jo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin