Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My 30th birthday in pics...

I always record (in my previous blogs) the happenings around my (and my family members') birthdays.

My birthday celebration started this past weekend with mum and dad coming up for a roast dinner after bringing back Liji for his annual holiday with them at their place. They said there was not one prob with him which was wonderful to hear after having had an almost impossible week with him. It was EXACTLY what he needed and us too :) Praise God for my kind parents.

Anyway, when they brought him back to us, they stayed for a roast lamb that Brett cooked and a safe cake that he made in the bread maker. Thanks sweetheart. Yummo too :)




My beautiful mum and dad. They gave me the most beautiful card. It really was. They have also given me and Brett a weekend away somewhere of our choice when Zippi is able to be left with them so that we can have a time just for us. They are so thoughtful. I am so blessed to have parents like them...



On Monday night Heiko and Loz came over for our regular dinner/prayer/hanging out fortnight and Lori baked a delish as 'safe' banana cake for us all to enjoy...


What beautiful friends they are!!! We are so blessed to know them :) They also gave me a stunning aqua and gold wrap, an aqua ring and some super cute aqua earings. We had a beautiful night as always and I just love them so much :)




Also on Monday night, by amazing bestie Anth rang from Wales. We cried! I opened the card she sent me (while we were on the phone) and it was a photo of her beach there where she had set up stones and written my name on them! She had recalled so many memories inside the card and they made me tear up so much thinking about the 10 years of wonderful friendship we have shared together. Love you so much my dear friend and am so thankful to the Lord for you! Miss you + can't wait to see you!!!

My other dearest friend Natti called yesterday which I appreciated so much! She bought a family health care pack for a family overseas on my behalf. I love that! Bless that family Lord with the knowledge of your great care and love. Thank you + Love you Nat :)

I was totally spoilt the whole day with text messages and cards in the mail and phone calls too. I especially loved chatting with both my sisters that morning. Even though we are not together very often, I carry their love in my heart. So thankful for every one of the messages I recieved :)

I was having a tough morning to be honest. Kids were fighting terribly - hurting each other :( Zippi was having one of her worst days; all snotted up, clingy beyond belief (like not even able to put her down for a second). I think I was feeling very unimportant and was being incredibly self focussed. I don't think that happens all that often but when it does I feel like i get lost in the great sea of *me*. Then I spoke with mum and dad on the phone (they ring each year and sing happy birthday) and dad just said, 'don't let the enemy steal away your joy lus' and i thought - man you are right dad! I thought that if i was stuck on a desserted island (ala 'castaway' or something) i would only want to be with my hubby and kids - fighting and dirty nappies and all! lol! So for the rest of the day I stopped focussing on the hard stuff and just tried to focus more and more on God instead. I meditated on some of the verses of scripture I have memorised and it helped immensely. I never thought that by my 30th birthday we would have been married for almost 9 years with 4 gorgeous kids. It IS an honour and there IS joy even in the harder moments.


Liji made this beautiful picnic lunch all laid out - flat bread, spreads, jug of water. This was all waiting for me when i got off the phone to mum and dad and i was really touched by his thoughtfulness! We all had a lovely time over lunch...


And when Brett came home from work, he walked in the door with this massive bunch of flowers!!! It was a beautiful treat from him. I LOVE these flowers - all so bright and cheery and even Irises in there (our wedding flowers).


Thank you for my clothes too and the beautiful cards from you and the kids that you bought. I love you so much my mate! You made me feel so special and appreciated.



Brett came along to mother's group that arvo too where Rachie baked a safe chocolate cake for the kids too - so sweet of her. And we had a lovely time altogether there.


When we arrived home, Nomes and Ella popped in with this mousse mud which was soooooooo scrumptious and sang happy birthday and gave me roses and Ella's beautiful handmade card. Love these guys :)





I went to Weight Watchers that night (first weigh in back since i started) and had a loss of a kilo - now that is a good birthday pressie!!! lol :) They have really changed alot since i became a lifetimer 2 years ago and it seems to have a much healthier approach; talking alot more about 'filling foods'. I am really enjoying it so far. As last time, its not so much about the numbers but about the way i feel when I am eating better and exercising well. It's the accountability that helps too.
When I came back from WW, this basket was waiting for me on the doorstep...


from our beautiful mates (and pastors) Ian and Helen (and Annie) my 'adoptive' sis. So kind of them :)

Brett's mum + dad + sis Dannii also popped in and gave me the most amazing gift - a full body massage gift voucher!!! I had NEVER had one of these before and they even booked in the time and organised with Brett so that he would be home in time to mind the kids. How unreal is that hey???!!!



So I went off yesterday to have my massage. It was wonderful. So relaxing. I felt like jelly at the end of it and to my surprise Dannii was there waiting to take me to a cafe! Wowsers! Talk about spoilt and totally restful! So thankful for this lovely restoring gift and for us to have hang time together :) This was us when we got home and my body still felt all tingly from the massage...

I also had 2 lots o flowers delivered to the door on my birthday from my beautiful friend Pam and her girls (and now grandson!). It was a lovely surprise and just so thoughtful of them.



Let's face it - birthdays are a fun time. A time to celebrate and give thanks to the Lord for his gift of life. BUT this year in particular I was reminded that it is NOT the be all and end all. I felt like He said to me, 'If nothing special happened, if no one remembered you, if it was exactly the same day as yesterday was, then you would still have Me; you would still have Joy. Your special-ness, your preciousness is found in me - not in a celebration. I am more than enough for you!' And yet, He still allowed me to feel encouraged, special and deeply loved in so many ways. I really feel so thankful.

5 things I am thankful for today:

1. Feeling so loved

2. My beautiful husband and his love and care for me and our family

3. Philippians 3: 7- 10 "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead."

4. Lego - our kids love lego. So thankful for lego on cold-inside-all-day days :)

5. Clean water to drink

Love Lus x

19 comments:

caz1975 said...

Happy birthday, glad you got spoilt :-)

jodie said...

Happy Birthday Lusi! Sounds like you had an absolutely beautiful day :)

Sally Martin said...

Sounds like such a wonderful birthday, full of such love and family and friends. Glad you were made to feel special, especially by our King. Love Sally :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lusi.
I love that quote from your faither "Don't let the enemy steal away your joy". Every year Ali Edwards has a word for the year to focus on and use as inspiration and mine for 2009 was "Joy" so I love this quote.
Have a great day.
Anthea

Gayle said...

Wow Lus!!! What a blessed time you have had for your birthday! So many ppl love you :D

singing mama said...

Happy birthday lovely Lusi !! Sounds like you were thoroughly spoiled, how much you deserve it. May God bless you richly this next year and grow you more in the depths of his love.

Luv Donna

Jo said...

Happy Birthday - looks like you had a wonderful day. October is a popular month of my birthday - yesterday my baby turned 17!!

Jo

lusi said...

Jo - happy belated birthday to you + your 'baby'!!!

Hi Donna- so love to catch up with you soon!!! Have not forgotten you; let's do it soon hey!

Hi Sally - long time no see mate! Wow talk about a blast from the past. Hope you and Steve are going well!

Thanks everyone else too for your kind wishes.

Love Lus x

Jess[ica] // OJ Strangeness said...

Hi Lusi [hope you don't mind, I followed off mums page!]
firstly - happy belated birthday! looks like you had a gorgeous time!

secondly - a very belated thank you for the gift and gorgeous card you sent down for Helena! The suit was adorable!! thank you!!!
hope you and your family are well.

Love,
Jess Oates xx

Sarah Slaven said...

Hey Lusi
Happy birthday, it sounds like you had an amazing day. When we were kids birthdays were all about us but now we are grown I fell they are more and more about celebrating the people we have allowed to become special in our lives and to be thankful for the bond of love that God has given us. That gift is truly a sacred one. I am glad you have so many to celebrate.
Love Sarah

lusi said...

Thanks Sarah I really appreciated your comment mate.

Hi Jess! You are more than welcome mate. So lovely of you to drop by! How are you going? Hope you are doing well. Helena is beautiful! Sending my love to you Jess!
Love lus xxx

Nat said...

Sounds like you had a beautiful day honey and were rightly spoilt! Felt a little heart-pang though reading of your vistors etc, wishing I could have come by and given you a birthday hug. Love you and miss you my beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Sooo how many days was that birthday???? How did you squeeze all those visitors, and presents into just one birthday??? lol

Glad you got totally spoilt and that your birthday was just as spec as you xxx

Kaz:)

Oh and did the basketball top fit the big guy?

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Happy 30th birthday, Lusi ♥ - it sounds as if you had a wonderful day.
Praise God for good friends and wonderful parents!
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

Kath said...

So cool reading your post about your birthday. Sounded like you got very spoiled, which you deserve. So sweet you got a picnic lunch... my children suggested that
(& we did) too for my birthday just recent. :)
May God richly bless this year in your life.
xo
www.phil320.blogspot.com

Cherie said...

Happy belated Birthday Wishes Gorgeous Lusi..

Sounds like you have been totally spoilt.

Take care and love to all your beautiful family

Cherie xx

Chrissy said...

Awww all so beautiful for a beautiful girl!! :) :) :)

Leanne said...

How beautiful! Many happy returns Lusi! Know that you are well and truely loved!!

Beverley said...

A very belated happy birthday to you Lusi. Just wanted you to know that I stopped by your blog today. Your words have touched me and the Lord has soothed my soul through the beautiful music. God Bless. :o)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin