Tuesday, July 14, 2009

He Hears Me

'He Hears Me' was the title track off the CD i bought years ago that i played during Stassi's pregnancy and the same one I've dug out recently, to send Zippi off to sleep to each night.
And He does.
Hear me I mean.
Yesterday I was to have 2 cysts removed after seeing 3 doctors about it. I was hoping to get around it in some way. Having an incision, no matter how large or small, in my armpit is not something that sounded like it would be..well...fun.
Or pain free.
Or suitable for a breastfeeding mama.
So we prayed.
It went away.
Then it came back again with a vengence last week.
That's when I was told they would have to be removed since they were looking like they might become abcessed.
Yuck.
So again we prayed.
Remember I said earlier that He hears me?
Well, yesterday when i went for the procedure, the dr examined it and said how much it had shrunk since last week!
In fact it would create more pain and unnecessary risk to remove it since it was now the size of a gain of rice!
I said to him that we had prayed it would go away and that i wouldn't need a procedure!
He said that it looked like our prayers had been answered.
I didn't need to have the local anaesthetic. or the incisions. or the pain killers afterwards. or the stress of any of it.
nope.
I went home with instructions to take some antibiotics.
He hears me!
My little prayers :)
And my big ones too :)

He hears them and answers them...sometimes even in the way that I boldly ask!
Other times of course He answers with a 'no' a 'wait honey' or a 'maybe some other time'.
Yes.
My good God hears me.
Next thing I'm excitedly waiting for Him to answer are our prayers about a certain bubba sleeping a little more ;)

He is so clever that my dear friend Ali calls him a 'tricky God'!
I love that.
And I am so thankful to Him for His healing, His love, His peace, His joy, His presence, His forgiveness, His abundance.

Other things I am thankful for today:
1. This little princess :)


2. Our other 3 beautiful kids who continued learning more about animal classification today and got mega excited!
3. My parents being here + shouting me and Brett to a date on our own together this arv :)
4. Sharon so kindly lending us the Little House on the Prairie dvd's from season 1 + 2 and watching them tonight over dinner as a family as a little treat
5. Having Miki here for Stassi's first sleep over on the weekend. They had such a beautiful girly time together and I'm so glad for their blossoming friendship :)
6. Romans 12:2
"Do not be conformed any longer to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will".
7. Cordless telephones
8. Snow chasing/watching/praying with my dad
9. Mum + dad's help around the house when they visit
10. Sleep over the weekend
11. The season that was for Brett playing State League - so proud of him!
12. The 'He hears me' cd
13. Cuppa soups
14. The new womanhood challenge on SOF :) Thanks Sal!
15. My friends who inspire and challenge and uplift me in my walk with God and in my roles as wife and mum
16. Antibiotics that help my body
17. Ethan having a sleep over with mum + dad on the weekend and being so well behaved and enjoying his time with them so much - warms my heart so much since i never really had that kind of thing as a child
18. Meeting up with Roger and Michelle again - missionaries in India that our church supports. Was so lovely to see them again. So lovely having a beautiful time of fellowship with our child family until late in the arvo.
19. The Ergo despite it being pooed over by little Zip on the weekend!
20. Having my kids tell me they love me and that I am the best mum ever (despite not feeling like it on sooooooo many occassions!)



"Therefore, since we have a great high priest, who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith that we profess. For we do not have a hig priest who is unable to sympathise with our weaknesses but we have one who has been tempted in every way - just as we are - and yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence that we might recieve mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need"
Hebrews 4:14-16


Must fly - thanks again for the prayers - love Lus x
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Julie-Anne said...

I'm in tears Lusi. Life can be so challenging but God is indeed good. I'm 38 weeks now and even though it's my 5th baby (this should be "old hat" for me), I'm nervous, tired, and quite emotional. I've been praying for God's strength and help, asking the Holy Spirit for His counsel and comfort. You reminded me today that God hears me (hence the tears!). When life feels like a flood around you, it sometimes drowns out the small and simple ways God responds to us. I'm praying that you get more rest/sleep. I went through an awful season of sleeplessness with my 3rd baby. God taught me so much in those days and transformed how I mother my children. Oh how we need His strength in motherhood. Thinking of you even though we are on different sides of the planet and in different seasons (it's the middle of summer here ;)).

Hugs,

Julie-Anne

lusi said...

hi julie anne! I can't believe you are 38 weeks now! That is wonderful!!! I'm so glad God touched you through what He has done in my life this week - you are so right about needing His strength in motherhood! He is always willing to answer our requests even though sometimes we have to endure under the circumstances. I know in those times He has been moulding and shaping me and allowing me to turn to Him, hunger after Him more and reveal to me that I can't do it on my own! His help, His comfort and peace come on wings of eagles even though it is tough going and even though the circumstances don't always change. Season after season He proves Himself faithful doesn't He.
Well thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and I send my love to you over the seas my sister!
Praying for a joyful and awe-filled birth!
Love Lusi x

Kaz said...

Hi Lus

What a good outcome for you, about the cysts. Im planning on giving you a call this week. The first photo of zippi looks just like a mini Elijah - dont you think?

Kaz :)

Nat said...

Hey hun, praise God for that awesome testimony hey! He surely DOES hear our prayers and He answers them too. You have so much good in your life to be thankful for! Your kids are gorgeous, miss you all! Hugs xxx

Chrissy said...

Have been praying for you sweet girl, your words here make my heart happy and full! God is good! :)

Homeschoolmum4Christ said...

Praise God that He does hear our prayers, and most of all that HE ANSWERS them.
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin