Friday, May 22, 2009

Forgive me Lord...

One of the things I've been thinking about lately is how thankful I am for the full forgiveness I have found in Jesus. It's the depth of forgiveness that gets me....well that makes me completely amazed. Washed. Sin erased. Clean slate. No rubbing my face in it and reminding me of my filth. "Humble yourself before the Lord and He will lift you up!" the Bible tells me. And I have found it to be completely true.

Forgive me Lord for my disgraceful pride.
Forgive me Lord of my judgemental attitudes.
Forgive me Lord when I give other things first place in my heart instead of you.
Forgive me Lord when I seek to gain approval of men.
Forgive me Lord when I am impatient.
Forgive me Lord for not honouring my husband and loving my children the way I should.
Forgive me Lord when I choose to run from you rather than run to you.
Forgive me Lord when I impose my expectations on others.
Forgive me Lord when I think I can do it on my own without you.
Forgive me Lord when I harbour bitterness in my heart.
Forgive me Lord for holding grudges.
Forgive me Lord for a holy-than-thou attitude.
Forgive me Lord for despising Godly-Kingdom stuff over the temptations of the world.

And I THANK YOU Lord that I am forgiven.
Because of what you have done for me.
Because of your amazing goodness you see my filthy rags as being white as snow.
THANK YOU LORD!

" As far as the East is from the West so far has he removed our transgressions from us" psalm 103:12


2 comments:

jodie said...

Hi Lusi, LOVE that song too...am a big Casting Crowns fan. Have you heard the song Forgive Me that Rebecca St James sang with Barlow Girl.I could listen to it over and over again...reminds me how amazing God's grace is and how much I NEED it too.Thanks for your openess and honesty to share Lusi xxJodie

Anonymous said...

That could so be my prayer Lusi, thanks for sharing your heart and love for the Lord.
Enjoy the break.
Love GG

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin