Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Some snaps from our extended long weekend :)

Brett has had a little extra time off this weekend and we have so enjoyed that! We've been able to get through some cleaning jobs and work that we've been wanting to catch up on. We've also spent some time with family and friends and real quality time together as a family. I'm still wanting to share about what we did for the Feasts this past weekend but again will leave that for another time.

In the meantime, some snaps to share....

Out to Chinese last night with our mother's group friends. I cut up a box of *safe* vegies for the kids and took it and asked them to cook it up with some chicken and boiled rice. And they did! Yay!

I think there is something I really love about each of the seasons. For autumn, my favourite thing is the colour. Look at these beautiful reds and oranges.....

and the yellows and greens.....


We took the kids bike riding at our fave spot and they of course had a blast...
Brett enjoyed shooting some hoops while the kids rode around him and while I updated the homeschool diary....

I'm amazed at how much the kids seem to observe in nature themselves these days. I pointed this spiky little weed out to Liji who in turn wanted to *teach* the other kids all about it...

Maybe the last shot *before-there-were-four* style! Look at them; they are so beautiful!
Liji had a ball collecting acorns for about half an hour; enough to fill a lunch size zip lock bag! I keep a box of zip lock bags and a permanent marker in the glove box for occassions like this...collecting/forraging is important to a 5 year old boy!

We finished off the afternoon with some time at a park playing on the equipment...

And after a yummy chicken schnitzel dinner, the kids bunked down in the loungeroom in their sleeping bags for a family dvd night watching Wall.E :)


All is well here and I hope it is the same your way!
Love and blessings,

5 comments:

singing mama said...

Lovely Lusi :)

sounds like a great long weekend!!

Love to you and your family!

Luv Donna

Sumara said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE seeing photos of you all!

Chrissy said...

Love the beautiful family togetherness Lus, it's so precious. :)

I love autumn colours too, your photos are gorgeous sweetie and hey in the puddles you can see the clouds above, I love it!!!
Chrissy x

Anonymous said...

You so inspire me, keep well dear lady, Luv GG [Now off to Melb for a few days study]

Anonymous said...

Hi Lus

I always love to work out which park it is you are at.....and am always amazed that I cant do just that, given i have lived here all my life.....So Im thinking its Blackheath, down near the bowling club....am I right????

Kaz :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin