Thursday, April 2, 2009

So close now...

Less than 20 days to go now!

With the obsterician appt yesterday indicating that I may be in pre-labour, I'm making the most of enjoying these days that are here right now!

When Elijah was born, we had a little present at the hospital for Stassi to play with as a gift from us. It was a way that we could say, 'hey you are still so special to us too!' especially as people brought so many gifts to the hospital for the new bubba. We continued this when Ethan was born and both Liji and Stassi received a small gift from us. The other beautiful thing about this little tradition is that the gift is something practical that they can play with in the hospital room when they visit, when people are fussing over the bubba. So last night I bought the 3 kids their little gifts which are some activity packs with crayons, little colouring books and stickers. $3.50 well spent!

Today I will be resting as much as I can and when I have some little bursts of energy I will be doing small jobs, reading the Word of God and enjoying being with the kids.

Precious days.

Lamentations 3:21-26
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

We just cannot wait to meet our little bubba!
Love and God's blessings to you,
Lus x

6 comments:

Tara said...

We have a similar yet slightly different 'tradition' for the arrival of new babes.

The first people we phone to say 'he/she's here' are the children...

They then go out with whoever is looking after them and choose and buy a present for the baby. And when they get to the hospital, there is a present for them from the baby.

This time when Jos was born, apart from packing for myself I packed a box of favourite toys for them to play with, as well as a few cheap new things.

Some snacks too.

Hope you have a quiet yet productive day.

xx

singing mama said...

beautiful Lusi, I pray these next few days will be a peaceful time of waiting and preparing for you new little one. It is such an incredible time and I pray bubbas birth will be a rich blessing to you!

Luv Donna

jess said...

HOw exciting!!! Not long at all now till you meet your little princess!!!!
xx

Gayle said...

We did a similar thing too. When Bree was born we had a present for Tay and Ash from Bree.
How exciting Lus! Baby's coming soon...bet you can't wait to meet bubs!

dannii_b said...

Hey Lusi,
I read your blog all the time, it's in my RSS feeds, but I never comment cos I don't actually "know" you, and kinda feel silly. But I just had to comment today.
I love reading your blog posts, I can relate to you, and your life on so many levels. I hope to one day meet you.
Thanks so much for all the inspiration you give. You inspire me to be better with my own homeschooling journey, my walk with God, my creative side, to be a better mother and sooo soo much more.
It's very exciting that you will get to meet your new bubba very soon, all the best for you and the rest of the fam! Looking forward to hearing the news!
Dannii xx

lusi said...

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments! I appreciate each one of them and they encourage me greatly.
Dannii = So lovely of you to leave a comment and am so glad that something shared here from my heart can help you in your walk with God. He is so good hey and can equip us for every thing we will ever face.
God bless you :) and I hope we get to meet some day too!
Love Lusi x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin