Friday, March 20, 2009

A baby nursery in our room and a lil baby shower :)

A while back I posted what our bedroom looked like before we added the cot for little bubba and now I thought I'd share what it looks like before bubba arrives! Here's the cot that we were kindly given by our beautiful friends Monique and John. Brett sanded it back and painted it and it has come up beautifully...

Here's the view of the cot from our bed...

Yesterday I got this surprise package in the mail from my lovely friend BEK VAVIC. It is a gorgeous print of one of her beautiful mixed media pieces. And she sent it to me as a gift for our little one!

It's now framed up here with some frames I painted (see a post back) from Ikea...


And here is a close-up of it...I love it Bek and thanks again for it matey!


The other framed pieces are these....(bubby has a 'Z' name but we might keep it a surprise till she arrives!) using up lots of left over 'z''s and a snap of Brett and I :)

And one of the beautiful shots (my fave!) that MELL MALLIN took not long ago and a shot of the three kids together :)


The other thing I picked up from Ikea the other day were these gorgeous little fabric figurines in the Fabler range which I will be making into a mobile at some stage but for now they are keeping the cot warm :) ...

Speaking of which, here is the baby blanket I made - my very first one! - and I am very pleased with how it turned out!
Of course, you wouldn't want to look too closely (lol!) but it is warm and cosy and (i think) cute in the Fabler range also from Ikea....

Behind our door is a bookcase which one of my friends Lyndal kindly gave to us the year before last. Brett stained this in the same colour as our tall boy back then and it has had lots of books on it for a long time! We knew though that bubby would need clothes to be stored somewhere so I purchased a couple of baskets and used some we already had. I've stored things in sizes so it's all easy to find....
Close-up of the the shelves and baskets....

Inside the cupboards are the blankets and sheets....


The other bit of clothing storage is under the cot in the 3 boxes I bought from Go-Lo at the end of last year. Again, I've sorted these into sizes for ease later on...
We also now have the capsule which is being fitted tomorrow (just in case!)...


Next to my bed at the moment is Sally Clarkson's 'Seasons of a Mother's Heart' which i am loving...

Here's our family of 5 eating dinner this week. We may not be a family of 5 at this table for much longer! Only a matter of weeks anyway and so I want to remember what it was like at this stage of our lives...

Tonight my mother's group sisters came by to spoil me with a little *baby shower supper* and we had a lovely time. Here are the cupcakes I bought as a treat...

just enjoying chatting together...

and some of the lovely gifts they kindly gave. these guys are very special to me...


5 things I am thankful for today:
1. Catching up with Donna and the girls for a lovely picnic
2. Israeli dancing - that Stass loves it and the fellowship there too!
3. My mother's group girls :)
4. The room in our bedroom to put a cot and store bubby's clothes and things :)
5. God's Peace
Have a lovely weekend :)
Lus x

11 comments:

Tara said...

Oooh, a 'z' name. I look forward to the big reveal. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your heart and home with me, and thanks for your prayer this week. The Lord has been faithful and all is well. Chosing a 'Z' name, that could be considered a smart scrappers idea, but I'm sure you will have far more meaning than that for it.lol Lots of love, GG

jess said...

Oh mY gosh Lus, im SOOOOOO excited for you!!!! the cot looks ADORABLE!! And you are so organised!! Even getting the carseat fitted!! YAY!! I cant wait to find out your pretty little princess' name!!! I know its going to be a beautiful name!!!
xoxox
Jess

Rebecca Vavic said...

My love... SO wonderful to talk with you the other night....

THIS room is darling gorgeous, beautiful... I just adore it, and all your touches :)

CRAZY CUTE... We have a "Z" name chosen for a girl too... !!! NO WAY !!! *smile*... I cant wait to see what your baby girl looks like & what her name will be ...

I know these last few weeks will be at times uncomfortable, I also know you will flow through them with grace and ease.


Much love to you and yours Lusi...
Hugs
Bxo

Zarna said...

From a "Z Baby" I love your Z frame!!! Growing up it was almost impossible to get things like Z keyrings or the little Z's for your bedroom door etc and I still treasure little junky keyrings if they have a Z on them :)
Your Z will love them!

Anonymous said...

Lusi, Your cot set up looks fantastic. I too look forward to hearing what you will call your little princess.

While I am not religous, I always feel a sense of calm reading your blog.

Have a geat weekend.

Nadia :)

Nicole said...

oh looks sooo gorgeous, just feel so clucky looking at new baby things.

Can't wait to meet your little one.

So close now.

Love and lots of happy end of pregnancy vibes.

Nic
xx

ffordd y drindod said...

You're so organised as always! I really like the quilt/blanket thing. I can picture her still wearing it around all grubby and treasured when she's three or four or fourteen (eek!) years old. Glorify God in all your little preparations. Love you x anth.

candy said...

I really love your blog, and your organization is wonderful!

:)
candy

mrs boo radley said...

What a lovely nest you have! I'll be back. Great blog.

Sarndra said...

Lusi I love love love love these photos. Especially the special blanket u made and your baskets and folded towels. You have made my day :-)
Xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin