1. In a large saucepan, dump in a heaped teaspoon of minced garlic.
2. Add a chopped leek.
3. Add 3 carrots (round slice).
4. Add a can or two of red kidney beans.
5. Add a can of chick peas.
6. Add a can of white butter beans.
7. Add a can of brown lentils.
8. Pour in 500ml of beef stock (I use Massel's but it is not completely 'safe'. It just happens that our kids can tolerate this amount so we are ok to use it but you may need to use authentic stock if you have salicylate/amine issues).
9. Pour in about the same amount of water (i usually put in a little extra).
10. Bring it to the boil and let it boil for a couple of minutes then turn down to simmer. I usually let this simmer for about an hour in which time the carrots are nice and soft.
11. Add some celery. I put it in towards the end of the cooking process so it doesn't go all manky(official cooking term in the Austin kitchen!) and brown.
12. Sometimes, just to thicken the soup, I add a quarter box of cous cous (raw) straight into the soup mix before i take it off the stove. The kids love cous cous in it! Tonight though I'm cooking up some rice and will lay that down in the base of each bowl before I serve the soup.
Oh and I add some worchestershire sauce on mine once i've served up the kids', just for a little added flavour :)
1. While the soup is cooking, take 250g (or more) of Nuttelex (or marg is you are ok with it!) and to this add about 2 teaspoons of minced garlic.
2. Grab a really nice big handful of parsely and chop it (or tear it) finely (or chunky if you like it that way!)
3. Add a little salt for taste if you want.
4. Stir it all together.
5. Heat up your oven and cut up some baguettes into slices.
6. Slather on the garlic/butter mix and pop the bread slices into the oven.
Hope this might be helpful to someone!
Ok ...so remember I said that I was going to really have a go at this whole sewing thing? Well I was very motivated after seeing my lovely and encouraging friend Karel's bag at church last week. It was a very funky bag that she had made from a pair of jeans!!! Talk about one creative woman!
I thought it was a sensational idea and she assured me it was easy to make. She does not lie! THANK YOU KAREL for inspiring me (creatively, in the home and spiritually too!). I share this with you bloggers but give full creative credit to my mate Kreative Karel!
So anyway, I took her advice and purchased a $2 pair of stretch jeans from the op shop this week size 8.
Here are the jeans before the hack...
I began by chopping off the legs just around the crotch area so that the back pockets were showing and sewed straight across the bottom to join it up. I sewed over it a couple of times to reinforce it. I used one of the cut up legs (trimmed crookedly!) as the strap.
About a month ago I posted the recipe for chicken schnitzel that we use but also added the disclaimer about the not-being-so-healthy-for-us thing. I tried a new subsititute last night for the chips and used these Rice Crumbs below (chemical free) and they tasted so delicious! It is now our new favourite chicken schnitzel recipe! I purchased this for i think about $5 from Coles in the health food section and i only used a quarter to a half a pack on crumbing 1kg of chicken tenderloins.
Brett cooked this scrummy brekky for the two of us this morning...
thanks baby it was delish! Love you :)
2 in you I trust, O my God.
3 No one whose hope is in you
4 Show me your ways, O LORD,
5 guide me in your truth and teach me,
6 Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love,
7 Remember not the sins of my youth
8 Good and upright is the LORD;
9 He guides the humble in what is right
10 All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful
11 For the sake of your name, O LORD,
12 Who, then, is the man that fears the LORD ?
13 He will spend his days in prosperity,
14 The LORD confides in those who fear him;
15 My eyes are ever on the LORD,
16 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
17 The troubles of my heart have multiplied;
18 Look upon my affliction and my distress
19 See how my enemies have increased
20 Guard my life and rescue me;
21 May integrity and uprightness protect me,
22 Redeem Israel, O God,